Video marketing is quickly gaining popularity among marketers because of statistics showing increased levels of visitor engagement, higher conversion rates, and improved search engine optimization value when videos are utilized for marketing purposes.
With companies large and small clamoring to produce quality content, a well-produced video can be just the thing to capture the attention of your target audience. Here are some tips to help you use video to improve SEO and draw in more customers:
1. Develop solid marketing goals for your video before you shoot it.
Marketing “on the fly” without clear-cut goals and objectives can prove to be a waste of time and resources, and will do little to help with search engine optimization. Provide targeted content and remember to include a solid call-to-action to take viewers to the next step of your sales funnel.
2. Create high-quality videos.
This does not mean that you have to pay big bucks to some video production studio. Rather, keep the following tips in mind to avoid a cringe-worthy (or bounce-worthy) experience for viewers. Remember, a low-quality video may do more harm to your business than not having a video at all.
- Thoroughly map out your content before shooting the video to save time and money.
- Avoid long-windedness like the plague. Endless studies show that video consumers prefer shorter videos. (Aim for less than one minute.)
- Invest in the right lighting and equipment for a well-produced video.
- Consider cost-effective methods of putting your video together. For example, Animoto is a great website that allows you to create professional HD videos using video templates or your own design incorporating your video clips and images, music (yours or theirs), and more.
3. Host your videos on your own domain—complete with share buttons.
While Vimeo, YouTube, and other video hosting sites can be a convenient way to host videos, you will not get the benefit of increased web traffic like you will by hosting the video on your own domain. If you would like to tap into YouTube’s high visitor traffic, consider posting an introductory video with a brief text description and a link to the full video on your domain. This will help increase your visibility and drive traffic to your site—where you would like them to be. Also, include share buttons for your videos, blog posts, and other content to give others the opportunity to amplify your reach.
4. Optimize your videos by adding meta descriptions.
Give search engines an accurate picture of what’s in your video by including meta descriptions. Be sure that these are true to what is actually in your video, or viewers will quickly move on, increasing the bounce rate and, subsequently, negatively impacting your standing in results.
5. Get more traction from your video by distributing it across social media channels.
So you have created a high-quality, engaging video that resonates with your audience and put it up on your website. Don’t stop there! Get more bang for your marketing buck by posting the video on all of your social media sites for your audience to share and enjoy.
No matter what type of video you are creating, use the valuable opportunity to tell your story and form an emotional connection with your viewers. Let the passion you have for your business, products, or services shine through and speak to the needs or pain-points of your potential customers.
Would you like to use video marketing to increase website traffic and customer conversion rates? We can help. Check out our video production services or get in touch with us for a free quote.
*Image © Depositphotos.com/leremy