If you research the best online marketing methods, you will likely come across a slew of varying opinions on the matter.
Of course, email marketing providers will argue for the effectiveness of email marketing. Social media marketers will tell you that email marketing is dead. Paid search will, of course, angle for PPC marketing. So is email marketing still a viable digital marketing method? Let’s take a look at some email marketing statistics.
Interesting Email Marketing Statistics
- Three-fourths of companies surveyed think that email marketing offers “excellent to good” return on investment (Econsultancy, 2016).
- 86% of customers want to receive promotional emails from companies they do business with at least monthly (Statista).
- Email is 40x more effective at obtaining new customers than Twitter or Facebook (McKinsey).
- 72% of consumers surveyed prefer to receive promotional content via email compared to 17% who prefer social media (Marketing Sherpa).
- According to 254 SBM Retail Professionals on the best digital tactics that drive customer acquisition, 81% of respondents reported email marketing as the best for acquisition and 80% reported email marketing as best for customer retention (WBR Digital & emarsys).
Seven Benefits of Email Marketing
How many times do you check your email in a given day? If you are like many folks, the answer is in the double digits. Over 205 billion emails are sent around the world daily, and that number is expected to grow at an annual rate of three percent.
This presents an excellent opportunity to reach your customers! After all, who doesn’t like to receive an email campaign with a special offer from their favorite store or pizza shop?
There are a number of benefits to using email marketing as a part of your overall digital marketing strategy. Here are some of the big ones:
- Email marketing is very inexpensive.
- Email conversion rates are higher than search and social combined. (Source: Smart Insights)
- Emails are easy to put together, so you don’t need a marketing team to get the job done. And your emails can look great in full view or mobile. Email marketing providers allow you to choose from a number of great responsive templates and styles to fit your brand.
- You can reach customers in a more personal way by segmenting your email list to target customers by their specific interests.
- When using email marketing, you are reaching out to consumers using their preferred method of business communication.
- Email marketing is flexible. Whether you want to send out promotions, coupons, surveys, free content, or other messages, you have the flexibility to do so without a great deal of time or effort.
- You are targeting a receptive audience. Since businesses can only send emails to consumers who have signed up to receive emails, you know that there is already interest in your brand.
If you are an OpenVine website client, you already have email templates built into your system. If not, there are a number of great providers, including Benchmark, Constant Contact, MailChimp, and others who offer affordable email marketing services.
Need help with your email marketing campaigns? We’re here for you. Our internet marketing experts can help you market your products or services using a variety of online marketing methods, including email marketing, to help you grow your business.
Get a free online quote or request additional information to learn more about our internet marketing services.
Email Marketing Tips
Campaign Monitor has created a great infographic highlighting five emails they suggest that marketers should send.
If you need help setting up and delivering email campaigns that generate leads and help with customer retention, get in touch with us! OpenVine Web Solutions specializes in helping small businesses get big results with targeted internet marketing strategies.
Source: 5 Emails Every Marketer Should Send by Campaign Monitor